Bit of an Existential Crisis: In Class Assignment



Technology
2017-2027: Media subscriptions (think Netflix, Spotify, etc.) will become standard of media consumption; TV networks will become as insignificant as newspaper is now.
2027-2037: Digital advertising will be more and more prominent, as people use technology in all aspects of day to day life. Good for me, someone going into an advertising based field.
2037-2047: Media will become more individualized. Cordless, personal sized, made with the intention that it will be with a person at any given time. VR will be ridiculously available and people will stop having real world interactions, since they can just simulate it.
2047-2057: So much technology will be created that I can’t imagine and it’s going to freak me out.
2057-2067: Technology will have completely taken over the industry that I work it, forcing me to take on a new career within my industry, focus on the personal aspects rather than the technology aspects. #KeepItHuman
Personal Life
2017-2027: Establish myself in the industry, pay off student loans, learn how to manage job, home, finances. The basic “I’m a real adult now” phase.
2027-2037: Peak career years, technology will be so abundant my skills will be necessary but not too controlling where my job would be obsolete.
2037-2047: Mid-life crisis. Probably get a tattoo or a dog (or 6) or a motorcycle. Maybe shave my head. Definitely seeing the dog thing happening.
2047-2057: I’m my own boss. I am other peoples boss too, and I am really good at it. People love to see a woman in power and I am killing it.
2057-2067: Still the boss, still managing with precise organization. But also coasting a bit because I am getting older and really want to retire.


What you should do now?
Dear 20 year old self,
Please calm down. Take it one step at a time. Read for fun, go outside. Stop spending so much on amazon, you don’t need whatever it is you are thinking about getting. Don’t cry over schoolwork, it doesn’t help you get things done and it only makes you feel more stressed. Do cry over everything in your personal life, it is very cathartic and you are REALLY good at it. Dreaming about retirement isn’t a great mindset to be in at this age, maybe don’t look so far ahead. Be in the moment and have short term goals.
Best,
Your 70 year old self


x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DON'T PANIC: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Frankenstein: an Example of The Gothic

American Gods